Tooth bonding is a very conservative approach, where we can apply resin to the tooth structure. It's a minimally invasive procedure that can be done in one visit. The benefits of this is we can do this on younger patients to where we don't want to remove any tooth structure. We can do it on patients that have congenitally small teeth, that's really narrow or pegged like teeth. We can build them up to proper contour. It's a much more inexpensive way of providing a good smile to a patient. The disadvantages of it is that the resin may stain or it may need to be repaired over time. For those situations, we can offer the patient a more durable product and a more lifelike or enamel like product in a form of veneers or crowns that are made out of ceramic. They last a lot longer. They're stronger and they're a little bit more lifelike. Those do very very well for a long time.
Do you have a nearly perfect smile? A short visit to Dr. Ace at our Round Rock, TX dentist office for tooth bonding can correct:
- Tooth decay
- Chips or fractures
- Tooth discoloration
- A tooth that’s an irregular length
Have more than a few minor imperfections that need top-notch Round Rock, TX dentist Dr. Ace’s attention? He can combine several of our cosmetic dentistry treatments for a total smile makeover. Make your dream smile a reality by calling 512-937-1398.
Benefits Of Tooth Bonding
Tooth bonding is a painless procedure that can usually be done in less than an hour. Trusted Round Rock, TX dentist Dr. Ace will shade-match a dental resin to the color of your tooth and then shape the resin on your tooth to fix the flaw. This is the same resin we use for our tooth-colored fillings.
Your tooth bonding can last as long as 10 years, but do be mindful of:
- Eating hard things like candy or ice that can cause damage to your tooth
- Drinking things like wine or coffee that can stain the resin
- A misaligned bite, which can put undue pressure on your newly bonded tooth
Tooth Bonding Alternatives
While tooth bonding can be a fast fix for minor cosmetic issues, if you need more extensive work done to your smile, our top Round Rock, TX dentist at Jovan Prosthodontics also offers:
- Teeth whitening for brightening your entire smile
- Dental veneers for covering all your smile imperfections
- Orthodontics for closing up gaps between your teeth and getting a straighter smile
- Dental crowns to cover or replace a damaged tooth
- Teeth contouring to gently buff a tooth into the ideal shape
Get a better smile fast with tooth bonding. For this treatment or to learn more about any of our cosmetic dentistry options, call our Round Rock, TX dentist at 512-937-1398 or use our online form to schedule an appointment.