You’re finally about to get that dental implant placed, the one that will help you chew better and finally replace that missing tooth. But you’re experiencing intense fear surrounding the procedure — so much so that you’re thinking about canceling the appointment.
If this sounds familiar, you’re not alone. An estimated one in 10 American adults admit that they’ve allowed fear of the dentist to keep them from an important procedure or regular checkup. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
At Jovan Prosthodontics, we do everything we can to make you feel comfortable before, during, and after your procedure. Whether it’s fetching you a warm blanket to help you stay warm throughout the course of your dental work or offer you a sedation option, Dr. Ace will help you feel at ease.
Read on for three ways our Round Rock, TX office works to relieve your dental anxiety. Then, give us a call at (512) 937-1398.
1. Dr. Ace is a specialist.
Let’s start with the dental care you’ll experience at Jovan Prosthodontics.
Dr. Ace is a specialist in the field of prosthodontics, the branch of dentistry focused on the cosmetic restoration and replacement of teeth. In fact, he was one of only three students chosen for a highly competitive prosthodontics residency at Louisiana State University.
He also is the only dentist in the world who’s received a Master Certificate in Dental Technology (MCDT) from the National Board for Certification in Dental Technology.
When you see Dr. Ace, you’ll feel confident knowing you’re receiving some of the highest-quality care available!
Dr. Ace has also built up a team of dental professionals who are just as committed to providing excellent care as he is.
2. We Offer Several Comfort Measures.
When you walk into our office, you might notice that it sort of looks like a spa more than your traditional dentist office. Well, it’s our hope that the warm lighting and inviting atmosphere will help you relax!
You’re also welcome to take advantage of the comfort measures we offer. If you need a warm blanket or a pillow while we work, our compassionate team will be happy to get one for you. You can also watch TV during your procedure.
And for longer procedures, we’ll even buy you lunch! And who knows, your visit might be so comfortable you even look forward to your next appointment!
3. Opt For Dental Sedation.
For more involved procedures — or cases of intense dental anxiety — we also offer several dental sedation options. Sedation dentistry involves the use of medication to minimize pain and stress during a dental procedure.
At Jovan Prosthodontics, we offer four kinds of dental sedation:
- Nitrous oxide. Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is a fast-acting sedative. After just a few deep breaths from a small mask we place over your nose, you’ll feel a sense of calm or euphoria. Nitrous oxide also wears off quickly, so you’ll be able to go about your day as normal after your appointment.
- Oral sedation. Oral sedation is administered in the form of a pill, which we’ll prescribe for you and have you take at a set amount of time before your procedure. Many patients say they feel drowsy or groggy under the effects of oral sedation. The effects of oral sedation can be fairly long-lasting, so we ask that you arrange a ride to and from our office.
- IV sedation. With IV sedation, the medication is administered directly into the bloodstream, so you’ll feel the effects almost immediately. You’ll experience your procedure as if you were in a dream. In fact, you most likely won’t remember the dental work once it’s over. Like oral sedation, we ask that you have a friend or family member drive you to and from our office.
- General Anesthesia. This is the deepest form of sedation, under which you’ll be fully unconscious. This is usually reserved for significant procedures, and it’s administered by a licensed professional.
At Jovan Prosthodontics, we want to make sure your experience is a positive one. Minimizing stress and discomfort will allow you to feel even better about the care you receive. It will also help you to gradually overcome your fear of the dentist! Perhaps one day, you won’t even experience any reservations at all about coming to the dentist.
If you’re in need of high-quality restorative or cosmetic dental care, consider choosing Jovan Prosthodontics. Dr. Ace’s expertise, as well as our stress-free atmosphere, will help put you at ease.