A lot has changed in dentistry over the years, and our Round Rock, TX dental office has been keeping up with the times! Dr. Ace is the only dentist in the world with a Master Certificate in Dental Technology. And this advanced training allows him to provide nearly pain-free modern dentistry. So, if you’ve been avoiding a much-needed visit out of fear and dental anxiety, you should call Jovan Prosthodontics at 512-937-1398 to schedule your appointment. We specialize in:
- Dental implants
- Dental bridges and crowns
- Dental veneers
- Gummy smile treatment
- Sedation dentistry
Signs Of Dental Anxiety
As many as 1 in 5 Americans suffer from dental anxiety. Does any of this sound familiar to you?
- I find it difficult to breathe during my dental exam
- I toss and turn the night before an appointment
- I’m nearly in tears in the waiting room
- I’ve avoided scheduling appointments or cancel at the last minute
You may have had a bad experience at the dentist as a child – or even as an adult. Your fear could be a result of scary movies and societal myths around going to the dentist. Whatever is at the root of your fear, we understand it’s not as simple as “just getting over it,” even if the health of your smile is at risk. That’s why we have a few different ways we can make you comfortable during your visit to Jovan Prosthodontics.
How Sedation Can Help
Sedation dentistry makes it possible for you to relax at the dental office. At Jovan Prosthodontics, we offer all levels of dental sedation. At your consultation, you and Dr. Ace can discuss what type is best for your dental anxiety and the procedure or treatment you’d like to have.
- General anesthesia – The deepest form of dental sedation. We will bring in a licensed anesthesiologist to administer anesthesia in the form of gas. You will remember little if anything from your procedure. You’ll want to arrange a ride home.
- IV sedation – Second only to general anesthesia in level of sedation. We will also bring in an anesthesiologist to provide IV sedation. You’ll be conscious but will feel as if you’re in a dreamlike state. You’ll also need a ride home following your treatment.
- Oral sedation – We’ll prescribe a pill for you to take right before your visit, so you’ll be relaxed in time for treatment. You might still feel a little fuzzy following your visit, so it’s best to have a ride home.
- Nitrous oxide – Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide will put you in a pleasant mood. Just a few deep breaths from a special mask and you’ll feel your tension float away. You’ll be able to drive and resume other normal activities immediately following your treatment.
If you’re curious about sedation dentistry, call us at 512-937-1398, and one of our friendly team members will be happy to answer your questions.
How Technology Can Help
As the world’s only dentist with a Master Certificate in Dental Technology as recognized by the National Board for Certification in Dental Technology, Dr. Ace really knows his technology. Advances in technology:
- Make it possible to get the results you want with less invasive procedures
- Reduce your recovery window
- Provide more accurate results
- Result in shorter procedures
For example, our dental implant placement is computer guided to avoid incorrect implant placement and ensure we maximize your available bone. Dr. Ace does gum reshaping with an NV microlaser. The laser is cordless so he has full range of motion while he works. And the best part is, no scalpels!
How Our Comfort Menu Can Help
The traditional smells, sounds, and sights of a dental office can also trigger an anxious response. To make you feel at home, we offer a robust comfort menu:
- Extended appointments so we can move at your pace
- Private treatment rooms so you won’t feel overwhelmed
- Blankets and neck pillows to keep you cozy
- TVs to entertain you during your treatment
- Water and coffee in the waiting room
- Lunch provided for longer procedures
You’ll also notice that we have a team of kind, caring dental professionals on our staff. Their care for you is sincere, and they won’t hesitate to go out of their way for your comfort.
How You Can Prepare For Your First Visit
If you’re a first-time patient, you can get to know us a little better by taking a virtual tour of our office and listening to our patient testimonials. Removing some of the mystery about going to the dentist might help you feel more relaxed.
Push your fears aside and put your smile first. Visit our modern dental office for treatment by the highly skilled Dr. Ace. Call us at 512-937-1398 or use our online form to schedule your appointment.